How much insurance coverage do I need?

The amount of coverage that you need depends on your current situation and the current value of the items you wish to insure. Contact one of our TCI sales advisors and they’ll ask you questions to help figure out the right amount of coverage for you.

How can I get an insurance quote from TCI?

Insurance quote requests can be submitted online from our quote form, or you can send your request to info@tciteam.com. Please include your name, email, phone number, and a brief description of the coverage you are looking for. You can also call our office at 1-800-277-8742 and request a quote by phone.

Why do I need to provide my social security number in order to obtain a quote?

Social security numbers are used by insurance companies in determining the insurance rates you will be quoted. This information is always kept confidential. If you have concerns about disclosing your social security number, you can discuss it with a TCI sales advisor prior to obtaining a quote.

Can I pay my bill online?

Many of our providers offer online payment options. See our Pay Online section for a list of online payment links.

I have a question about my bill.  Who should I contact?

Our TCI client managers can assist you with any billing questions you may have.

Why is my homeowners insurance premium going up?

Many homeowners policies have had a premium increase due to the rise in the number and severity of natural disasters the past few years. Tornados, wildfires, and severe storms have driven up the cost and demand for building materials, which then creates an increase in homeowners policy premiums because the cost to rebuild your home goes up as well.

How can I reduce my auto insurance premium?

There are a number of factors that insurance companies consider when determining your auto insurance premium. The factors you have the most control over that could potentially reduce your premium are the vehicle(s) you drive, your limits of coverage, and your deductible. But you’ll want to be sure you do not put yourself at risk by selecting coverage limits that are too low.

What are my state’s required minimums for auto insurance coverage?

To find out your state’s required minimums for auto insurance coverage, you can visit their respective insurance department websites (such as North Dakota or Minnesota), or discuss with your TCI sales advisor.

How do I report a claim?

For information and tips on submitting your claim, please see our Claims section.

If I lend my car to a friend or family member and they are involved in an accident, whose insurance policy would cover the losses?

Regardless of the driver, the owner and policy holder of the vehicle responsible for causing the accident would be liable for the damage. For more accident liability information, click here.

I just bought a vehicle.  Am I covered automatically by my current auto insurance policy?

Yes, your current auto insurance policy will extend your specific coverages to a newly purchased vehicle. In fact, car dealers will not even let you drive off the lot without first providing proof of insurance. However, this coverage extension does have an expiration date so it’s important to remember to contact your TCI client manager to have the new vehicle added and your coverages reviewed. The expiration timeframe depends on your insurance company and your state, but in general we recommend contacting us within 3 days.

My child will be getting his/her permit soon. Do I need to add him/her as a driver on my auto insurance policy?

A minor with a permit does not need to be added to your auto insurance policy since they will be driving with adult supervision. However, as soon as the minor receives their drivers license, give your TCI client manager a call to have him/her added as a driver.

My child will be getting his/her drivers license soon. Should I add him/her as a driver on my auto insurance or get him/her an individual policy?

Typically, it is most cost-effective to add your child as an additional driver on your auto insurance policy, but not always. Check with your TCI sales advisor to see which option will be best for you. For more information on insuring your teen driver, click here.

Can I change my coverage over the phone?

Yes, you can contact one of our TCI client managers anytime to make changes to your current coverage. We’ll let you know what is needed to complete the request and when it will take effect.

Who should I contact to obtain an auto identification card?

Auto ID cards can be obtained through our office. Contact your TCI client manager who can provide you with your card via the delivery method you prefer (email, fax, mail, etc.).

Who should I contact to obtain a certificate of insurance?

Certificates of insurance can be obtained through our office. Contact your TCI client manager who can provide you with your certificate via the delivery method you prefer (email, fax, mail, etc.).

I can’t find my copy of my insurance policy.  Who should I contact?

Contact your TCI client manager to request a copy of your current policy.

I haven’t received my renewal information.  Who should I contact?

Contact your TCI client manager to request information regarding your policy renewal.

Should I save copies of my old insurance policies?  And if so, for how long?

For your personal insurance, if you have not had any claims, then you only need to keep your current policy. If you have had a claim, then you may want to keep the copy of the policy that covers the date of your loss until the claim has been settled. After that you should only need your current policy.

For a business, it depends on the type of policy. See our Commercial Insurance Policy Retention Guidelines.

What’s the difference between an HO-3 and an HO-5 homeowners insurance policy?

An HO-5 policy is a complete open perils policy—both your dwelling and personal property are covered on an open perils basis. The HO-3 is a hybrid “open perils” and “named perils” policy—that is, your dwelling (house) is covered on an open perils basis and your personal property (everything that would fall out if you flipped the house over and shook it) are covered on a named perils basis. Learn more in our blog post comparing the HO-3 with the HO-5

How do I know if the limit for my personal property coverage is sufficient?

The limit for your personal property coverage is typically included in the policy as a percentage of the dwelling limit. To help determine if this limit will sufficiently cover all of your personal property in the event of a total loss, it may be helpful to complete a home inventory. Once you have all of your household items listed, along with values, you can then calculate a total for your personal property.

Don't see your question?

Contact us via the from or live chat and we would be happy to assist you.